I ran away from my wedding…
then accidentally agreed to fake an engagement with my grumpy CEO.
Running from the worst day of my life was supposed to be the reckless part.
Then I started my dream job as Ashford Maritime's new internal auditor and found myself working shoulder to shoulder with my impossibly serious boss, Caleb Ashford.
The fake engagement is meant to solve one problem.
Instead, it creates a hundred more.
The more time we spend together, the harder it becomes to ignore the man beneath the tailored suits and impossible standards. The way he quietly protects me. The way he believes in me when no one else does.
Somewhere between late nights chasing missing millions and pretending to be in love, I stop pretending.
Then the evidence points straight at me.
Now I'm wearing handcuffs instead of an engagement ring, and the only man I trust has to choose between saving the company he's spent his life building... or believing the woman who's stolen his heart.
Because if Caleb can't prove I'm innocent, losing my job will be the least of my problems.


No comments:
Post a Comment